Read Admin password from MySQL

Read 4663 times
Hello,

How i can read (convert) the accounts admin passwords from my centova database in plain text?

Hello Herbert,

I'm afraid you can't do that, since the password are encrypted.

What you can do, is read the password from the Shoutcast/Icecast configuration files.

HTH
When i read the password from the Shoutcast/Icecast configuration files them you have to login with you admin password.
My scripts are working with admin passwords to read all shoutcast info, when sombody change the admin password then mu scripts don't working anymore, thats the reason to read the admin passwords direct from database.

How is it encrypted?
When you are in centova control panel klik on the button right then you can see the plain password.
All php files are crypted
Hello Herbert,

Although the changes don't apply until you restart the station, the configuration file is re-built every time you hit the "save" button in the station's configuration area. So, when somebody changed the admin password, both the database and the configuration file are updated at the same time.

You can set your application to re-read the configuration file if the current password fails, and that's all you need to do.

But to answer your question directly, you can't decrypt the password stored in the database.

HTH
Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:38:04 am by Roger