Next song

Read 11052 times
Hi,

I am writing a AS3 player for a customer. He wants the current artist/title to be displayed, but also the next song that is in the playlist. I have imported a m3u playlist in the centova control panel. Is there a way to retrieve the next song data?

Regards,

Ayaz
Centova Cast decides in realtime what track to play next (i.e., when one song ends, only then does it choose another).  So it does not know what song is going to play next until it's time to play it.

We're considering ways to implement an "upcoming song" feature... the problem is that Centova Cast does not use a flat-file playlist structure so it's not as simple as just "looking ahead" in the playlist.  When you consider scheduled and interval playlists, if a track doesn't run for the expected amount of time (if the MP3 is corrupt partway through, or if the admin skips a song, or if the time estimate is off for some reason) CC may need to play a different song than it had anticipated in order to satisfy the schedule configured by the admin.  Still working on ways to overcome problems like that.