Play-list management

Read 5657 times
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did not find an exact match.

I schedule all my play-lists, run  dj mixes/ shows, and I need them to play on specific day & time.

When I got to schedule 15-18 play-lists for each day, it is quite a job.

I have found the play-list manager very tricky to plan and have a Clear Oversight of what is going on!
Must I have an excel sheet, broken down into day/ hour columns  to see what I have playing and when?

Is there some way around it?? Some way I can have a "calendar" broken down in detail, where I can fill in the shows?

Also, is there a specific time zone which the US Centova server is running and is it like, 5 minutes off/ wrong?

Many thanks for any insight and good luck to all with your projects :-)

Christian
Is there some way around it?? Some way I can have a "calendar" broken down in detail, where I can fill in the shows?
No such feature exists, but that's a very neat idea and we'll keep it in mind for future versions.

Also, is there a specific time zone which the US Centova server is running and is it like, 5 minutes off/ wrong?
We don't have any US servers except for our third licensing server (we're a Canadian company), and most of our machines' times are synchronized via NTP in the Pacific time zone.  All of our services are compartmentalized on different machines so if you're seeing an incorrect time somewhere, I'd need to know where in order to look into it. :)  Feel free to PM me and let me know where and I'll gladly fix it.  Thanks!
Never mind, I failed to notice that it was the forums themselves that were failing to update via NTP due to firewall rules. :)  Will be fixed shortly.
Hi,

Thank you for your replies :-)

The server time still shows 03:45 when actual time is 03:37. I have selected the correct timezone in the server configuration.

In order to schedule every show, I have created excel sheets, but what a job..

May I kindly ask a couple more relevant questions.

When I schedule shows on weekly repetition, say on Wednesday`s, I have scheduled the last show, before midnight towards Thursday, to end a few minutes before the change of date.
Then my general rotation kicks in for a few single tracks, but the next date`s show and scheduled play-lists
do not start at all. Any ideas as to why?

Also, if the playlists, due to delays, general rotation, are off by a few minutes, does Centova stop to
recognize the playlists that are due to start?

PS. I have many ideas as to improve the scheduler and playlist editing, would you like them in a mail?
Is there a new version coming soon?

Thank you so much for your time!!

Christian