Station Branding for Scheduled Shows - Not Possible?

Read 8804 times
I dont think this is possible, but if it is PLEASE let me know how to do it.

Lets imagine you have a 2 hour show scheduled for 10am every day Called the ROCK SHOW.

You upload 500 "rock tracks" to your server and assign these tracks to your ROCK SHOW playlist and set the playlist to scheduled and random so that no two days programs of the ROCK SHOW are the same.

Now here is my issue. How would you incorporate station branding in to this playlist? With general rotation playlists you can tell it to play a track (jingle/station ident) from a interval playlist for example every 4 tracks but this is apparently not possible with a scheduled playlist. therefore if you have the REGGAE SHOW from 8am for 2 hours then the ROCK SHOW, then the CLASSICAL SHOW, you run the risk of have ZERO station branding for the whole day.

Now i know you can simply load in 20/30/40 jingles into each playlist and "hope" that a random playlist will play some of them, but this is not reliable.

Anyone have a workaround for this, or tell me where im going wrong? We need branding, but we also need good quality scheduling too.

Cheers

Carl
www.en5radio.com

Anyone?
Sorry to say it, but this forum is dead.
Stream101 || Affordable Media Solutions
http://www.stream101.com | (616) 277-7280
i think you are right...

its like a scene from 28 days later!

Whats worrying is though they are trying to roll out a V3 of the software, yet nobody is around to offer any help or advice on existing software.

God help their sales!!
You all know there have been a couple updates in the last couple weeks, the latest was just on Dec. 3 - http://www.centova.com/pages/news/articleid/42

My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Im not sure how that addresses firstly the original question raised here or the fact that there is very little in the way of support in these forums (apart from yourself, that is).

Is there a details changelog for this update? And is it actually worth updating?

UKD.
Hello,

The change log for patch 2.2.5 is available here: http://www.centova.com/pages/news/articleid/41
Version 2.2.6 only corrects two bugs that came with 2.2.5

About the station branding I would propose the following solution, which should be pretty effective:

You can set the playlist Called the ROCK SHOW to be a general rotation playlist, instead of a scheduled playlist; Just make sure you don't have any other general playlists that are active during this same time. Then you should just create an interval playlist with jingles and everything is set.
Quote from: megadealhosting
Im not sure how that addresses firstly the original question raised here
It doesn't, but the thread took a change in direction and that turn was being addressed.

or the fact that there is very little in the way of support in these forums (apart from yourself, that is).
This is already addressed in the stickies which are posted in every single forum here.  This is not an official support venue.  If you want help from one of our reps, open a support ticket and our staff will be pleased to assist you.

Whats worrying is though they are trying to roll out a V3 of the software, yet nobody is around to offer any help or advice on existing software.
We certainly have staff around to help if you use the official support resources we provide.  If you choose to post here on the forums you are EXPLICITLY asking for help from the community, not from our staff, so please plan accordingly.

To answer your original question, you should be using general rotation playlists, not scheduled playlists, for your music.  Then use interval playlists for your jingles.

To answer your original question, you should be using general rotation playlists, not scheduled playlists, for your music.  Then use interval playlists for your jingles.

But by using general rotation playlists, what then is the use of scheduling?

Radio stations ALL have schedules dont they?

So if i set up a general rotation playlist and tell it to only play between 12:00 and 14:00 and fill it with only ROCK tracks, could that be  interpreted as a ROCK show? and would weighting affect anything if no other playlists are scheduled for that particular time.

This could be the answer to my issue if i can set up a number of general rotation playlists all to play at different times (use them like scheduled).

Would this work?

You should use Scheduled playlists only when you don't want that playlist to be interrupted by any other active general playlists that might be active during that same period of time, or by any Interval Playlist you might have.

Weighing would not count unless you have two or more General Rotation playlists active during the same periods of time. So yes, it sounds like setting up several General Rotation Playlists, all active for different periods of time + an Interval Playlist for your jingles, would be the best solution for you.