Own IP Banned

Read 32014 times
The IP and player the listener is using are taken from Shoutcast's logs
I'm going to make an educated guess and say that the listening time is taken from Shoutcast's "Listeners" tab (that's under the admin login from the DNAS page); so you should be able to see the same "Connect Time" under that section
Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 03:38:12 pm by AlexiuB
Thanks AlexiuB. That much I was pretty sure about. It had to be SC logs.

It's very strange that often I will see maybe 5,6 or more German listeners
all connected by Winamp 5.50 AND all at the exact same time, therefore showing
the exact same listening time. Now that's not normal  :o
Thank you for all replies,
Skipper
And my IP has been BANNED yet again just now.
This is a REAL ongoing problem....

Somewhere there must be an explanation for this BS.  >:(
Skipper
Hello again skipper,

Have you gone through the station logs? I'm pretty sure that if someone is login using the admin, it should've been logged somewhere.
Hey thanks...I'll have a look Roger  ;D
Skipper
I found one entry tonight with MY IP address in the logs...

"kicked and banned with mask 255"

What would that mean?. Anyone?
Skipper
Hey staff

my port 8002 shoutcast server has been going to unable to connect errors for me as well

so does that mean someone might be banning my ip address on my shoutcast server as well

thanks
I found one entry tonight with MY IP address in the logs...

"kicked and banned with mask 255"

What would that mean?. Anyone?

Ok this isn't anything I should worry about. It shows each time I ban an IP.  ::)
Skipper
Yes I tried changing the p/w a few times but without any success.
It hasn't happened in a few weeks now, so ... :-\

Thanks for the reply.. :)
Skipper
The VERY most strange thing about all this is that sometimes (more than once) it's happened and I wasn't even logged ON the station as an ordinary listener. Which means I didn't BAN myself by accident and NO ONE else but me has the log-on password..???

Go figure.... ???
Skipper
Oops, sorry Ricky...I deleted my latest POST by mistake...LOL..

I was commenting on how SO MANY connections are from Germany with only Winamp 5.0 connections. I don't believe they're legit connections because after I "kick" them they NEVER reconnect, ever. Yes some players don't automatically reconnect, so this tells me NO ONE is actually sitting there trying to reconnect.
Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:42:09 am by skipper
Skipper
Does anyone know HOW to contact Shoutcast???
Skipper
Yeah, thanks Ricky  :(
I know this today, when this happens I also cannot LISTEN in through Shoutcast, but all other stations
I can...Hmmmm

What about using Icecast vs Shoutcast??
Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:51:19 am by skipper
Skipper
Well I just now found this out:

My own IP was banned in the ShoutCast DNAS. I just did a server RESTART and now my IP is NOT banned any longer. All is well again. Can anyone make any sense of this??
Skipper
Well I just now found this out:

My own IP was banned in the ShoutCast DNAS. I just did a server RESTART and now my IP is NOT banned any longer. All is well again. Can anyone make any sense of this??

It means your IP is not in the ban list permanently, that's why is no longer banned after restart.

Most likely your DNAS it's been hacked, I have seen DNAS been hacked to show custom messages, and even redirect to other sites. I would not be surprised if it could be hacked this way too.

All of this cases are restored after a simple restart, which means the hack can only affect the running process memory.

Try switching to ICecast, or Shoutcast 2.0.