Song Titles DO NOT display correctly in WinAmp OR the Centova Cast Dashboard!

Read 12393 times
I use Centova Cast through my Streaming provider(Streaming4U) and I have had this problem since I began, about one month ago! The Streaming provider has looked at my mp3's and could find NO reason why this is happening! The problem is as follows. On the Centova dashboard it will display the following (example):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Host: stream.streaming4u.com   Port: 8040    

Data transfer: 11442 MB (Unlimited)      
    Disk usage: 0/200 MB      

Projected data transfer:  27864 MB total this month Maximum bit rate: 128 Kbps

Recent tracks:
10:37 PM 1. F:\WinAmp Rock A\01 When The Hammer Falls.mp3  
10:37 PM 2. Sammy Hagar - When The Hammer Falls  
10:34 PM 3. Steve Miller Band - True Fine Love  
10:34 PM 4. F:\WinAmp Rock A\04 She Reminds Me Of You.mp3  
10:30 PM 5. Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Flat Broke Love  
10:27 PM 6. Head East - Since You Been Gone  
10:27 PM 7. F:\WinAmp Rock B\10 Since You Been Gone.mp3  
10:04 PM 8. The Allman Brothers Band - Whipping Post  
10:02 PM 9. Ten Years After - Baby Won't You Let Me Rock 'n' Roll You  
09:58 PM 10. Pat Benatar - I Need A Lover [Live]  

NOW PLAYING: F:WinAmp Rock A When The Hammer Falls.mp3 on PYRAMID Radio - Where The "ROCK" Falls HARD! at 128kbps
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the "Receiving Player" in the Title window in WinAmp it will be displaying, F:\WinAmp Rock A\01 When The Hammer Falls.mp3, and it NEVER displays, Sammy Hagar - When The Hammer Falls, as such. This problem is NEVER displayed in the WinAmp player from the Home server. It ALSO DOES NOT do it to EVERY record! I can change the order of my playlist and it will do it to things it didn't do it to before! I am really at a lose for an answer. I am inquiring to you because EVERYTHING seems to be fine till it gets to the Centova Cast Dashboard and I think you can see whats happening there! HELP! Thanks Dennis
You're not using the autoDJ, so the metadata is being sent by whatever source client you're using (SAM Broadcaster, Edcast, the WinAmp DSP client, etc).

That's important for two reasons:
1) Centova Cast has no control over the format of the metadata string sent by your source, and
2) ShoutCast DNAS receives the metadata directly from your source and fires it off to your listeners without Centova Cast ever having had an opportunity to change it.

So in brief, no matter which way you cut it, this is not a Centova Cast issue.  Since Centova Cast is not within the path of the metadata, it can logically only be a problem with either your source client or ShoutCast DNAS.  ShoutCast DNAS is not known to munge metadata, so that leaves your source client as the only likely culprit.