Live input not being forwarded to /stream

Read 13935 times
As I understand it the /autoDJ and /live inputs get forwarded to the /stream mount. My listeners will tune into /stream to hear my station. I beleive I have an issue with me encoder as it insists on adding an .ogg on the end of /live on my Ogg vorbis mountpoint. To hear my live broadcast people need to tune to "/live.ogg" . If they tune to "/stream" they hear my autodj.

My question; is the fact my encoder is /live.ogg and not simply /live preventing my live broadcast from being directed to the /stream mount?

Is there a way to make Centovacast use /live.ogg in place of /live . My encoder (in SAM3) simply will not let me set it to /live.

Secondly, My stream is Ogg Vorbis 64kbps, 44khz, stereo. So my fallback stream has to be the same format?
As I understand it the /autoDJ and /live inputs get forwarded to the /stream mount.

The other way around -- /stream forwards to /live, and if /live is not being sourced, it forwards to /autodj.

My listeners will tune into /stream to hear my station.

Correct.

My question; is the fact my encoder is /live.ogg and not simply /live preventing my live broadcast from being directed to the /stream mount?

Short answer: effectively yes, something like that.

Longer answer: /live.ogg is a custom mount point that you (or your source) is making up, and it has nothing to do with the fallback mounts configured by Centova Cast, so listeners connecting to /stream are never going to be forwarded to it.

Is there a way to make Centovacast use /live.ogg in place of /live . My encoder (in SAM3) simply will not let me set it to /live.

Yes, but it requires modifying your IceCast configuration file.  If you're not the administrator of your server you'd need to ask the admin to do this.  

First, find the following in the file:
Code: (xml) [Select]

/stream
        /live

Change /live to /live.ogg in the fallback-mount element.

Next, find the following a few lines below:
Code: (xml) [Select]

/live

Change /live to /live.ogg in the mount-name element.

Save changes, restart IceCast, and you should be all set.

Secondly, My stream is Ogg Vorbis 64kbps, 44khz, stereo. So my fallback stream has to be the same format?

Correct.  Your listeners' media players will pitch a fit if you stop/start a live broadcast and the encoding settings change in mid-broadcast.