Current song not available on

Read 5117 times
Hello everyone...

I do have and run a stream through a provider using centova cast v.3 running AutoDJ with our albums when no live DJs are on air. Since we have received our account and I can't get the stream tracks title to show. On my dash board is showing: Current song not available on [CIG] LIVE MIX

And when me or any of my DJs play live it never shows thier meta tags, titles or anything. I have contacted the support team; first they are lazy as I don't know what, second when they replied the first question they asked me: Are you sure if your tracks are tagged correctly?? My answer was: YES! They are, the titles, artist, tags, even our cover photo is showing everywhere, in cars, on computers... but not here.

They disappeared for another 2 days and came back with another question: Can you tell us when you will spin live so we can check on that?

Anyways.. it seems their support is useless, and it took me days and days to figure this thing out with no luck.

I am here to ask a simple questions because there is no info about this issue but one or two max threads online and they didn't make sense to me.

01.Has any of your faced similar issue?
02.Is it me? or the Provider Server Configuration?

Your time and help is really appreciated and thanks in advance
Are you using Icecast, Shoutcast v1 or Shoutcast v2?

For Shoutcast v1 you should make sure that your administrator password does not contain any non-standard characters.

For Icecast you should make sure that you're broadcasting to the correct mount point (usually /live)

And Centova Cast's Recent Tracks widgets is not currently able to show album covers for tracks coming from a remote source (live). We're working on this, though.
Hello AlexiuB,
I appreciate your reply.. I am using shoutcast v2 and everything is fine from my end. I have noticed something tho: I think it is my ID3Tag Editor, I had to re-encode my files again through my Forge Studio and tag them manually! It started to show the tags now.

Now my last two questions please before I close my ticket/thread.

01) You have mentioned something about not using illegal/non-standard characters in my password on shoutcast v1, does that apply to v2 to as well? What it if you have those characters?

02) What is the best Meta/Tag Editor for media files that will be recognized right away by centova?

Kind regards and thanks in advance!
Joe Kiranov
01) You have mentioned something about not using illegal/non-standard characters in my password on shoutcast v1, does that apply to v2 to as well? What it if you have those characters?
Shoutcast v2 does not have a problem with non-standard characters in the administrator password.

What is the best Meta/Tag Editor for media files that will be recognized right away by centova?
Sorry, I can't really give you a precise answer here. I never edited the ID3 tag for a high volume of tracks, so I just use Winamp to tag them.