ccmanage Documentation Misleading

Read 3059 times
I have discovered a misleading feature of ccmanage / sumanage.

To add a file to a show, you must specify a track path. In fact, the flag for this is --trackpath.

However, it's not a track path. It's just the filename by which the track is known, and that filename had better be unique. Instead of adding a file by its fully qualified pathname within the Centova user's media directory, the command is asking Centova to identify the file by its filename as stored in the database.

To make it work, you need to:

1. Copy the file to be added into the Centova user's media directory, at /usr/local/centova/var/vhosts/<CENTOVA_USER_NAME>/var/spool/media.
2. Run the 'reindex' instruction using the ccmanage/sumanage tool to register the file in the Centova database.
3. Add the file to the showname you want by identifying JUST ITS FILENAME, like --trackpath=someUniqueFilename.mp3.

The 'trackpath' flag is misleading. It implies that you should enter the actual pathname on the disk where the file can be found, and this isn't what it actually does at all.

If you try to get clever and make subdirectories in the media directory so that you can use the same filename over and over, Centova WILL index them all correctly - but when you specify that filename, it will add EVERY MATCH IN THE DATABASE to your selected show.

Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:45:13 pm by Krypton Radio
Its a keyword match against whatever you put in --trackpath. If you put just a filename you're going to match any file with that filename. If you want a specific file you include its parent directories in trackpath. I've been using it for years and it works fine for me.