Playlists Problem

Read 5533 times
Hello
I have been testing centova 3 and bought a license from December.
Before some days I updated to the latest version.

The problem is still the same when you try to program the playlists to play in specific hours.
For example I have 2 general playlists (they play shuffle - weight 5 each one).
03:00 AM - 03:00 PM 1st playlist
03:00 PM - 03:00 AM 2st playlist
They dont play in the specific times as above. They play all together, songs from every playlist random, all the day.

An the second problem is with the interval playlists with the jingles. When you choose to play them ever half an hour. They dont play 00:00 - 00:30 - 01:00 (even if a songs ends 00:05 they dont play after the song, but another song plays and another) but they play when ever they want every half an hour for example:
00:15 - 00:45 etc
It depends when you restart to the server to update the calendar.

Thanks
Jim

P.S. I have installed centova 3 + sc_server2 + sc_trans2
--I have noticed in v2 the songs are much more random, v3 seems to always play the same songs over and over but I think that is a ices_cc / sc_trans thing rather than Centova, it's fine with SHOUTcast 1 and Icecast because that uses icescc, where SHOUTcast2 uses sc_trans -- I think you just need to spend a little more time on setting up play lists and using the weight settings to your advantage till you get the mix that you want.

-- I have not  seen any problems with the playlists not playing what they are set to play though, only if the user has the wrong timezone set or the use has another playlists over laping each other, I have not really ever found a error in Centova's playlist system (v2 or v3) that did not have a good explanation. I have seem clients with so many playlists and they may have one that is not working correctly, it can take some time to find the playlist that conflicts, but for the most part the playlist system has always worked good
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
They dont play in the specific times as above. They play all together, songs from every playlist random, all the day.
This means there is a communications problem between the web interface and the backend, which is almost always caused by incorrectly modifying the Centova Cast configuration files.  Please open a ticket with the helpdesk for assistance if you have not already done so.

An the second problem is with the interval playlists with the jingles. When you choose to play them ever half an hour. They dont play
This seems to further confirm the above.

--I have noticed in v2 the songs are much more random
Shouldn't be -- we have made all autoDJ scheduling changes in parallel in both the v2 and v3 codebases up until the date of the v3 release, so they do exactly the same things in regard to track scheduling/randomization.

v3 seems to always play the same songs over and over but I think that is a ices_cc / sc_trans thing rather than Centova
Centova Cast is in fact in charge of randomizing the tracks -- it's not left up to icescc/sctrans/sctrans2.

-- I have not  seen any problems with the playlists not playing what they are set to play though
Basically what happens is if someone misconfigures the IP address/port of the web interface in /usr/local/centovacast/etc/cc-control.conf (or changes the web interface IP address/port without also updating cc-control.conf) then Centova Cast's backend can't access the track scheduler.

What happens then is (as a failsafe, in lieu of going off-air) it just falls back to a random static playlist built in advance from all of the station's general rotation tracks.  Once the configuration problems are fixed, it'll automatically switch back to dynamic scheduling.