Embedded album art not reading from MP3

Read 4140 times
Hi there,

New Centova V3.03 user here! :-) How ya'll doin'?

I'm having a tough time with this issue: I spent countless hours embedding album art into thousands of MP3s, which I then loaded into the my new Centova 3.03 server via Filezilla.

After loading the tracks, I noticed that some of the art was wrong. I proceeded to turn off all album art sources in the config menu except for embedded. The problem was unchanged, so I did a purge of the library. After the purge, I had NO artwork whatsoever. After repeated purges and manual updates and restarting the stream, I still had no album art. I then set the album art source to also accept Amazon, and after another purge and update, I now have Amazon album art in most of my files (tho often it is wrong).

Why is v3.03 completely ignoring my embedded artwork? I used the exact same MP3 files on a Centova V2.2 server with absolutely no trouble. A large number of my bands are unsigned or obscure, so I need to use the embedded artwork.

Thanks for the help!
Could be a 3.0.3 issue?

Centova is now at 3.0.5

Possibly, and I checked bug fixes to see if anything was mentioned. But I have no control over the installation's version, as it is controlled by the stream host. I don't know how often they will update it.
One other possibility I thought of... my host prevents me from changing FTP permissions, and I noticed that when I upload files through Filezilla the permission given is 644, while a file uploaded through the Centova file manager gets a permission of 660. Would this have any effect (such as if Centova attempts to change the image file size or something?)

I used Filezilla to upload because I have about 4000 files to upload and the Centova upload crashed if I attempted to add more than 50 or 100 files.
Any news on this subject?
I am very interested in having bigger album covers, so this might be a very useful solution.
Any thoughts?
thanks