Warning: unlink(/home/centovacast

Read 5683 times
I have this error on my centova control panel when I restar the server this is the error...
Warning: unlink(/home/centovacast/vhosts/
latinoamerican/var/run/server.pid): No such
 file or directory in /home/centovacast/system/
class_ServerControl.php on line 0 ..can any body help me please I have shoutcast and icecast kb running on a server shoutcast works fine icecast too but this message is in same ports only
This could indicate a problem with permissions, that could be the reason why the file is not being created.

Following the "Manual Recovery" section of the following article should fix your problem:
https://secure.centova.com/pages/faqs/display/disaster_recovery_63
Hi,

I have the same problem, but I don't think its a permission problem because sometimes the centovacast is working fine without having this error, I also check the vhost folder to see the pid file and its there which means that centova can successfully read/write on the folder.

The effect of this problem is that the stream is not stop or terminated and it still running, because centovacast cannot find the pid file so it cannot get he process id of the stream to terminate, so when you start again the stream it will create a multi-instance and the encoder cannot connect anymore on the stream even the stream appear online.

I already address this issue to Steve B. but he said this is new issue and other don't have problem like this, I though the problem is on my server but then even on my other 5 servers the problem still occur and my client is keep complaining about this, what i did is to login to server and manually kill all the other instance and restart the stream to make it work again.  I notice the it only happned on Icecast stream server, is this means centovacast does not support now icecast 2 or icecast KH version?

hopefully somebody can come up solutions for this and share here.

thanks,

dards
Whooshstream.com