GeoLiteCity Issues

Read 5590 times
Does anyone else have the issue of clients start pages not showing "all" listener locations on the Google Map?

A client has about 24 listeners, and is only show 2 listener locations, so it appears to be missing 22 other people.  I tuned in to the station as well, and refresh the page, and it doesnt even show my location on the map.

I have already ran: 
Code: [Select]
/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update --add geolitecity

Which shows:

Checking Centova Cast Common Files ...
Not updated, skipping

Checking GeoLite City Database ...
Not updated, skipping

I even tried using

/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update --add geolitecity --force

I have also placed:

GeoLiteCity.dat file in the following location:

/usr/local/centovacast/var/lib/geoip

Then ran the restart for Centova.  Which didnt resolve anything.

Any ideas ?
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
mine isn't working either  :'(
No, you have to place GeoLiteCity.dat into:
/usr/local/centovacast/system/geoip

Then run:
/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update --add geolitecity

Does anyone else have the issue of clients start pages not showing "all" listener locations on the Google Map?
Nobody has reported it via the helpdesk, no.

A client has about 24 listeners, and is only show 2 listener locations, so it appears to be missing 22 other people.
You're certain they're not tuning in from locations that are deemed identical by the GeoLite database?  Try logging in to Centova Cast and clicking Statistics -> Listeners.  Do most of them show identical values under the "Location" heading in the list?

All listeners with identical locations will have identical latitude/longitudes on the Google Map, so their markers will be stacked on top of one-another, effectively appearing as a single marker.

The effect is dramatically worse when using the country database because EVERYONE from a given country ends up appearing as a single marker.  A similar effect will still occur using the city database, however, if multiple users are tuned in from the same city.

Also, if the GeoLite database can't determine the country for a listener's IP address, it won't show on the map at all.

If that doesn't answer your question, your best bet would be to open a support ticket so we can investigate for you and find out what's happening in your particular case.

No, you have to place GeoLiteCity.dat into:
/usr/local/centovacast/system/geoip
No, running "/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update --add geolitecity" installs the GeoLiteCity database for you.  Pre-downloading it would just result in your copy being overwritten.