DISK USAGE

Read 5085 times
Ok so the disk usage works but doesn't work. As long as i add stream to the main account the total goes up but when i add a re-seller the total stays the same but when the re-seller adds stream the total stays the same n the usage space gets filled if not higher then the total. How can we fix that to be like version 2.2.6. Bc lets say i put 5 re-sellers on a beta with 0 stream account on the main, then it will show 0 for the total but will add all the usage for the streams that a reseller sets up on his/her account.  So if we could get were the reseller alotted space be added to the total diskspace. Or even have it to were we set the alotted space for the control panel its self. then add up the used disk space from every stream that uses disk space for the music.

Let me know if this will be fixed in a the next build.

Thanks
Kris
Owner
CrossFire-Hosting,LLC
800-589-3156
Sorry, I'm afraid I didn't follow any of that.  It would help if you could clarify what you mean by "disk usage", "total", "usage space", etc. as there are probably a half-dozen spots in the control panel where a disk space metric is displayed for various purposes.

Hey Steve,

Im talking about in the Admin panel,

Ill PM you my info if you would mind taking a look at it. Just look at the Total Disk Space. The total disk space should be set like v 2.2.6 were its like 844179 MB (824.39 GB) and then the used part would be the total of music uploaded which would be 15.7GB / 824.39GB but my admin panel is only showing 15.7GB / 15GB.

Kris
Im talking about in the Admin panel,
Yes, I realize that, I was asking where in the admin panel. :)

Ill PM you my info if you would mind taking a look at it. Just look at the Total Disk Space.
Everything appears to be good as best I can see.

The total disk space should be set like v 2.2.6
No, it shouldn't. :)

were its like 844179 MB (824.39 GB) and then the used part would be the total of music uploaded which would be 15.7GB / 824.39GB
This has been discussed in another topic already.  The 15GB is the total disk space allocation for all of your streams, not the disk space free on your server.  Unlike v2, the v3 web interface can control any number of physical servers (or VPSes) hosting streams, so it's not so simple to display the "total" disk space free given that it'd have to be the sum of the free disk space across all of your servers... which a) is not really a useful metric and b) would require querying each server in realtime every time the page was loaded, which isn't really optimal.

If you mouse-over the meter it should explicitly tell you that, but I see that there was a glitch in which, if the disk space used exceeded the disk space allocated, it would display the old tooltip.  THAT is a bug, and that's been fixed... thanks. :)

but my admin panel is only showing 15.7GB / 15GB.
That's because one of your streams has a 15GB disk quota and the rest are unlimited, and we can't really reflect "unlimited" in the total allocation.  So your usage is, in fact, 15.7GB, and your allocation is, in fact, 15GB plus several unlimited quotas.
Ok kool Thanks Steve.

Just wanted to make sure that there isnt a problem.

Kris