sc_trans buffer

Read 5282 times
i have whmsonic and centova .. both of them uses sc_transv2 .. i see that whmsonic sc_trans is better than centova .. it doenst buffer .. it play smooth on whmsonic but on centova it buffers a lot .... for now i use liquidsoap in centova it runs smooth but the cpu is greater than sc trans ...

sctrans 8%
liquid 11%

also liquidsoap reencoding is not working .. bit rate must match to the dedicated rate :( even i turn the auto re encode .. sad life .. after i update my centova this happens
Hello ProToms,

The buffering problem with sc_trans 2 is probably due to misconfiguration, most likely you are using VBR or a sampling rate that is too high for the stream's bit-rate.

As for your issue with Liquidsoap, there are currently no known issues that would cause the resulting stream to not match the station's set limits. If you are a customer at centova.com, you could open a ticket via our helpdesk so that our staff can assist in troubleshooting, otherwise, you'll need to contact your reseller or hosting vendor for help.
why on my reseller server one ...his server uses sc_trans but no lags at all ... and the minimum kbps is 128 and  upload 320 kbps it plays smoothly ..also i notice he uses old version of shoutcast

SHOUTcast Server v2.4.7.256/posix(linux x86)  also whmsonic uses this

mine is

SHOUTcast Server v2.5.0.715/posix(linux x64)

i dunnu if it affects the performance...
Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:02:35 pm by ProToms
i don't have money for trouble shot :(
my old reseller centova provider they said to reinstall centova on 32 bit .. to fix the lag on sc_trans ... they also have that issue .. and they solve it to reinstall on 32 bit .. it seems legit because inside of my 64 bit linux .... whmsonic runs 32 bit of sc_trans while centova runs in 64 ...

can i force to install shoutcast on 32 bit also the sc trans :(