Media Server And Firewall

Read 3912 times
I 'm just wondering if you guys do install any sort of firewall on your 'standalone' centoval cast media server.

I am actually planing on installing the free and popular csf / lfd firewall on one of our media server with Centova cast but thinking it may probably cause some 'access' issues for some customers.

Is it advisable to open all streaming / account ports like 8000 - 10000 on any firewall installed a  media server running Centovacast?

Thanks
could anyone answer this?

"I 'm just wondering if you guys do install any sort of firewall on your 'standalone' centoval cast media server.

I am actually planing on installing the free and popular csf / lfd firewall on one of our media server with Centova cast but thinking it may probably cause some 'access' issues for some customers.

Is it advisable to open all streaming / account ports like 8000 - 10000 on any firewall installed a  media server running Centovacast?"
Well, to answer the questions directly, yes, provided that you only use the server for Centova Cast you could simply open the entire default pool that Centova Cast uses to provision stations which is 8000-10000.

However, CSF is a fairly complicated firewall administration suit and you should read the manual/documentation first, before installing it on a production server.

HTH