How to get current song via API?

Read 12926 times
Hi There.

I would like to use the CentovaCast API to display the current song onto a web page.   I really do not have much experience with this kind of thing and have been trying to "reverse engineer" the "CentovaCast Source Control Script" to do what I need, but I've had no luck.

I know that I need to use "getsongs", but I havent been able to put together a page that connects to the API, and pulls the data.  Can someone help me please?

Zach
You can find some sample code in the Centova Cast SDK, but is there a reason you can't use the widget provided by Centova Cast for this exact purpose?  That's by far the easiest way to get the song title onto your web site.

Is there a way to make it display more than ten songs and/or to exclude station IDs?
Is there a way to make it display more than ten songs and/or to exclude station IDs?
Can't display more than 10 songs in v2.x, but it's supported in v3.x.

There's no easy way for us to exclude station IDs because we have no easy way of distinguishing a station ID from a music track.  Obviously to look at it, it's easy for a human to say "Oh, any track named such-and-such-promo is clearly a station ID" but making a program do the same, reliably, across all languages/etc. is next to impossible.