SQL syntax on new server installation

Read 17637 times
Hi,

After re-trying version 3 and having still no luck since I last tried 8 months ago I un-installed it as per my post here:

http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=1500.0

Now trying to install V2 on a new server I am now seeing the below error:

Error populating database: Could not execute query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 1

When looking at the diagnostics page I see the following error reports:

Checking database server connection   Failed
Error 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Using host with username
Checking Centova Cast database   Warning
Error 1045 - Could not select database : Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I have already added the patched sql.php for php5.3 as per post here:

http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=540.0

If I setup the Plesk Panel domain Web Scripting to use PHP support (run as  Apache) I see the error at the beginning of the post but if I run as FastCGI (My Normal setting) then I just see a blank page after inputting my MySQL details.

Can I therefore ask for some opinions as to what to check?

*** SYSTEM ***

*** Paralles Plesk Panel ***
]# rpm -q psa
psa-10.4.4-cos6.build1013111102.18.x86_64

*** Apache ***
]# httpd -v
Server version: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix)
Server built: Dec 8 2011 18:10:49

*** PHP ***
]# php -v
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/apc.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/apc.so: undefined symbol: pcre_exec in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.3.9 (cli) (built: Jan 17 2012 15:33:37)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.10, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd

*** MySQL ***
]# mysql -V
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.20, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

*** CentOS ***
]# cat /etc/*release*
CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
cpe:/o:centos:linux:6:GA

As I have not currently found the issue for the apc.so error I have rem the ini file as everything is where it should be.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/apc.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/apc.so: undefined symbol: pcre_exec in Unknown on line 0
Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:09:45 am by Mark Carney
Hi Mark,

I would suggest paying for an installation service if you are not sure how to resolve such issues. The diagnostic page will say that because your install hasn't yet been completed.

Thanks
Thanks for the reply Mark,

I will persevere for a while as never had an issue installing it before however if I end up not resolving it I just might cut my losses and get it installed  ;)

Its bugging me though as Joomla sites (1.5, 1.7 and the new 2.5) are installing without complaint or issue on the same server.
Well looks like we found the answer if only I had noticed what the error message was saying better!

After reading ProgMaster's post on this forum about v3.0.0b1 MySQL 5.5 error I now realise why I can't get either version working! There not compatible!!

http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=1376.0

So anyone know if there is a fix for this?

As no one has kindly replied to ProgMaster's post above I am now stuck myself, little point in me paying for an installation by Centova staff when all that's wrong is a version conflict in both v2 and v3 and MySQL 5.5!!
Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:24:10 am by Mark Carney
Hi Mark,

OK, try this then:

SSH into the server and look for the file /home/centovacast/system/centovacast.sql

With any instances of TYPE=MyISAM change them to ENGINE=MyISAM and then save the file and try the web installation part again.
Hi Mark,

Yes thanks for that, by altering the TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM (27 times) I was able to complete the installation and have a diagnostic  page showing no error.

HOWEVER, now when I go to login in to the control panel login page with my user name and password I am redirected to a black page (domain/cast/login/index.php) after inputting the correct details?

So went off and check my Account Information regarding my Re-issuable licence and remembered I can not reissue it currently since trying v3 as no re-issue button so need to wait for that to reappear, probably 24 hours or so. Therefore assume black page is in relation to licence not against v2. (I hope)

Thanks again Mark for the pointer regarding centovacast.sql I will keep a reference to that for any future installs.  ;)

*** EDIT ***

Just to confirm encase anyone else reads this I can confirm my licence is not currently issued against this install (v2) and is still showing against v3 which I have fully removed. Hence the blank page I assume.

License type:    Re-issuable - transferrable/refundable with periodic validation
License key: 1234567890ABCDEFG
License issued:    No
Licensed domain name:    MY DOMAIN
Licensed script path:    /usr/local/centovacast
Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:38:22 am by Mark Carney
Hum, OK so that's not the end of this problem then  :'(

Just rechecked my account CP to see it had auto updated to the correct details.

License issued:    Yes
Original domain name:    OLD DOMAIN (as in old server)
Licensed domain name:    new correct domain
Licensed IP address:    correct new IP address
Licensed MAC address:    correct MAC address
Licensed script path:    /home/centovacast/system

Unfortunately when trying to now login to mydomain/cast/login I am getting a blank page in Firefox.

The page isn't redirecting properly
 Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Any thoughts?
OK slight update, gave server a full reboot, now when trying to login (domain/cast/login/index.php) I receive the following error message in red above the user name:

Could not to connect to Centova Cast daemon on 127.0.0.1:2199 (Connection refused)

Above received after pressing login twice followed by:

Database connection error: a1

I should point out the diagnostics page is all green with no errors shown.

So looks like we still have a compatibility issue maybe?
Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:13:38 am by Mark Carney
GREAT  ;D

Got it all going, smart, unbelievable just need to do a FULL SERVER REBOOT and hey presto its all go  ;D

Had already tried MySQL and Apache/PHP restarts even went and did a database repair but no joy however the full server reboot while rather drastic sorted the issue.

Thanks to Darran for his post with the correct pointer and thanks to Mark for your assistance.
Hi Mark,

Do you still have Centova Cast 3.0 installed on the server? If not then the statement you were getting (Could not to connect to Centova Cast daemon on 127.0.0.1:2199) would be to do with having the CC daemon enabled (Which should only be used for suPHP enabled servers)

Glad you did get it working though :)