Relaying doesn't appear

Read 6941 times
I wanted to relay a stream and when I go to:

Configuration > Settings > Relaying

I only see the following:

Allow other servers to relay stream: (yes or no)
Allow relays to make stream public: (yes or no)

There is no place to enter the IP and Port # of the stream.

Am I missing something here? 
Nobody?

Can someone go to:
Configuration > Settings > Relaying

and see if you have the IP / Port # boxes.

Ugh.  Aaaannnd this is why we have betas. :) Relaying can be configured per-mount point now and it looks like this was completely overlooked when we implemented multiple mount point support in v3.

Added to the issue tracker, will be implemented in the next build.  Thanks for pointing out this glaring omission.
Actually I spoke too soon on this.  The Relay URL field is in fact present in the mount point editor and works just fine.  I've made it a bit more intelligent for the next build though (won't allow you to enable it if the autoDJ is enabled) and under IceCast it currently only supports one relay mount point which will be changed to a per-mountpoint option soon as well.

OK, I found it.

And yes, you are right... I could have searced for days (which I did) and have never found it.

Making it clearer would help out a lot. 
Making it clearer would help out a lot.
And what would you suggest?  I can't really see any way to make it clearer for people who don't know that this is how ShoutCast 2 works -- everything is configured on a per-mountpoint basis in DNAS 2, so that is (necessarily) how Centova Cast has to work now too. 

When you're learning a new application, you have to either read the documentation or ask someone who's familiar with it.  The CCv3 documentation will  be available at release, and the DNAS2 documentation is available now if you need it.
I understand that.  But under the RELAYING tab, it states:

"Configures relaying of your stream by other servers, where your stream will act as a source for the remote server."

That is mis-leading, as the configuration is not under the RELAYING tab but under the MOUNT POINTS tab.

You should either change that wording or put a description under the MOUNT POINTS tab:

"To relay a stream, right-click the mount point to configure."
I understand that.  But under the RELAYING tab, it states:

"Configures relaying of your stream by other servers, where your stream will act as a source for the remote server."

That is mis-leading, as the configuration is not under the RELAYING tab but under the MOUNT POINTS tab.
Ahh, OK, I see now how that could seem a bit misleading, although it's actually still correct.  Remember that relaying works in both directions -- you can either be the relay (i.e.: the server that's rebroadcasting another server's stream) or the master (i.e., another server is rebroadcasting the stream that you're publishing).

The "Relay" tab configures the settings for when YOUR stream is being rebroadcasted by ANOTHER server (i.e., yours is the master).  The settings under the mount points tab are for when YOU are rebroadcasting a stream FROM another server (i.e., you are the relay).

The settings allowing others to rebroadcast your stream are server-wide, which is why they get their own top-level tab.  The settings for rebroadcasting a remote stream are per-mountpoint (because it's perfectly valid to republish more than one relayed stream on different mount points) which is why they're under the Mount Points tab.

You should [...] put a description under the MOUNT POINTS tab:
Great minds think alike -- if you check the latest build you'll see that I already did that. :)  (Or maybe not, I can't remember if I've pushed out that update yet... but anyway, it either already exists or will when I push out the next build.)