Installation problem

Read 7365 times
Good evening, I'm new in the forum, I hope not to have the wrong section.

However, as I said in the title I have a big problem, I can not install Centova cast, I admit to not being an ace in this field ... but also following the official acknowledgment of the problems, the tales I put them all via ftp, then opening the soft putty, I connect to the dedicated server with the commands I try to start the installation ... but unfortunately tells me that I did not find file .....

Is there anyone who can help me? or give an idea?

Thanks in advance
Hello GioDelleDj,

You probably need to add execution permissions to the installation file. Either that or you're simply in the wrong directory. Perhaps if you copy paste the exact commands and the error, we will better able to help you with this.
Sure am attaching the log

[root @ shoutcast ~] # cd / tmp
[root @ shoutcast tmp] # tar xzvf centovacast-2.2.6-lin64.tar.gz
tar (child): centovacast-2.2.6-lin64.tar.gz: function "open" failed: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Tried and tried but nothing .... there someone who can give me a hand? please give me a hand I'm desperate
Sure am attaching the log

[root @ shoutcast ~] # cd / tmp
[root @ shoutcast tmp] # tar xzvf centovacast-2.2.6-lin64.tar.gz
tar (child): centovacast-2.2.6-lin64.tar.gz: function "open" failed: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Dear GioDelleDj,

This just means that either the file is not there or you don't have permissions to read it (Note that you need to be root to perform the installation).

You can easily verify the file atributes by writing "ls -all" within the /tmp directory.

hope this helps.