Bug chane server overides

Read 5184 times
Hi today ive found a bug.
When i change the server overides on a stream, the server is going down for a few minutes.
Anyone has also this problem or is there a fix for.
When a costomer change somthing in this part of the stream it means that all stream go offline.

Ron
I think it does that because a restart is required with most Centova config changes, not sure but I always assumed that way why
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Strange its only why i change somting there.
Ive someone change there it means that all other stream goning offline. :(

Maybe that there is a better solution for this issue.
When i change the server overides on a stream, the server is going down for a few minutes.
Unable to reproduce with SHOUTcast1 or SHOUTcast2, but if you can provide instructions to reproduce we'll investigate.  Definitely doesn't happen by default with a working CCv3 installation, and doesn't make much sense given that a configuration update should have zero impact on a running stream until you restart the streaming server.

When a costomer change somthing in this part of the stream it means that all stream go offline.
And that makes even less sense.  Changing the configuration on one stream is not going to kill the server processes for all other streams... that would take a very deliberate set of actions -- specifically, iterating over all of the accounts in Centova Cast, looking up their PIDs, and intentionally sending a SIGTERM/SIGKILL to each PID.

My guess is that you're not actually testing the streaming servers and are just assuming that they are down -- a CC bug could potentially cause the streams to *display* as down in Centova Cast, but I can't imagine any way it would actually bring the streaming servers down.

I think it does that because a restart is required with most Centova config changes, not sure but I always assumed that way why
CC will never stop/restart your stream after a configuration change... that must be done manually.  That's intentional as we want admins to be able to schedule restarts for non-peak times.
Sorry ive found the problem, this happens only if i work with IE not with chrome or firefox.
I know it sound strange but it is what it is, when i change de server overide rules in IE the server  looks for a few minutes offline.

When i have more information i let you know.