Anyone Having Problems Contacting Centova?

Read 140058 times
Man **** you ****

thanking GOD for Sonic and Cast Control

Quote from: My Auto DJ
All are now up - THANKS STEVE!!!!

This is what religion does to you  :D

Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:25:43 am by Centova - Steve
I can understand that is not a good behavior too talk about other products in this forum but what appen in these days is very bad.
I have more than 250 customers having issues with their servers and my business was really at risk.
I can understand problems of people like Steve ( who not have in life) but if someone talk about alternative solutions in this forum is not for thief customers from Centova... We all love Centova software, we know is best. But when Centova disapear for weeks and the software start to stop... We have to take care of our business.
Now it seems that license server are back again... But I think now Steve have to find a better solution for the license system, expecially for lot of us that use Centova with long time license like 1 year.
Not possible to live and work in trouble to get offline for momentany problems of a single person.

Remain the problem for one of my server. The procedure fails now becose friday, when I was in panic, i push 3 times the reissunse Key on the client area and now the process is blocked. And I'm still in trouble with that server.
You understand that is not possible for people like me that pay for 8 license yearly at Centova.
That's why we are a little upset and warried.

Any help to unlock the reissue from client area is appreciate. I write to Steve... But something tell me that he won,t answer in fast time...
Newradio Streaming & Radio Tools
http://www.newradio.it
Seems to work again indeed. Now let's hope we get an explaination from Steve or his staff.
hey staff

when is someone going to reply to our support tickets on here

let me know please

thanks
Keep trying -- I saw Steve on here about a hour ago, and was able to get one of my servers back up --- I am having problem with the other -- but don't click that "re-issue license" in your client area too many times or you'll get locked out.
I am back indeed, although sadly much of our staff is not, so I'm serving a lot of different roles at the moment.  On that note, to all who read this, we are hiring -- check the front page of centova.com. :)

Back to business, what problem are you having with your server?  All should be well at this point... things were hairy for a bit there (there's another thread in which I addressed this) but you shouldn't be having any problems now.

I'm here to help, just let me know the symptoms.
That didn't work for me ...

INF Result from http://license1.centova.com/license/validate.php - ERR/VIOLATION: Unlicensed IP address

FYI, anyone who experienced an error of this nature is NOT experiencing a problem with our licensing servers.  Your IP address has changed and you just need to reissue your license.

The (infinitely embarrassing) licensing server problem we experienced causes a license expiration warning only -- it will not cause errors like the above.

For those of you who continued experiencing expiration warnings after reissuing your license, try again now -- it would have taken a couple of hours for our licensing system to refresh all licenses after the problem was resolved, but all should be well now.
I dumped $10 in my account on the off chance that it might fix the problem. It didn't work and it didn't even credit my account. Something must be very broken billing-wise.
I'm not aware of any problems with the billing system... if your payment never appeared, please PM me your payment details as that would be a rather critical issue.
Hey steve

my parents pay alot of money for me to have centovacast v3 working

but you guys never reply to our support tickets

why is that
Agree, but Steve talked about a Team.. So i guess the team could try to respond on the forums to let us know what is going on or maybe even try to fix the problem?
So much for the team.  Long story short, there's something to be said for not hiring remote/telecommute staff over the Internet.  For the time being we're doing so again for the sake of expedience so that we can put a dent in the massive backlog of support tickets we have, but once all of the imminent fires have been put out, we'll be hiring a local group of staff to work in-office.

Besides that, Steve stated on April 13th that he was back... So then it would be simple to reply?
I screwed up.  Expected to be back, but wasn't.  My fault, my mistake.  Sorry all.

I'm back permanently now.
Hey steve

here are my support tickets numbers that got unanswered

RS2-YGJ2-823 and XL7-XEZ1-548

thanks
Normally Centovacast are good at answer tickets in a timely manor. It seems that something quite serious has happened.
Indeed.  The particulars aren't suitable for public discussion, but something very serious did happen and I unfortunately had to be away for quite some time.

I do hope this isn't the end of Centova.
Not the end of Centova Technologies by any means.  Certainly the end of a certain group of staff, however.  Again, sorry all.
Hey steve

here are my support tickets numbers that got unanswered

RS2-YGJ2-823 and XL7-XEZ1-548

thanks
Hi Steve,

I write a PM to you.

One of my license, newradiostream2.com, still doesn't work. I can't reissue because it say I have click for 3 times and I have to wait 96 hours.
What can I do ?

Account Package #9624

Thanks
Steve Please...  I can't lose other custumers.

I need to work.

Answer me.
Hi roberto,

Just upload the attached file (licenseupdate.php) as per the instructions below and you should be OK.

Centova Cast License Update:

The enclosed script will update your Centova Cast installation with a new (Existing) license key.  To use this script:

1. Copy this script to your Centova Cast web root directory.  (Your Centova Cast web root directory is the one that contains a file    named "index.php".)

2. Launch this script in your browser.  For example, if Centova Cast is installed at http://www.example.com/cast/ then you should launch:       http://www.example.com/cast/licenseupdate.php

3. Follow the instructions displayed in your web browser to update your license key.

4. If instructed to do so (for reissuable licenses) login to your server via SSH and execute the command indicated to activate your new license.

5. IMPORTANT: DELETE THE FILE licenseupdate.php after the update is complete!
   This is very important for security reasons.

After you have performed these steps, the key update will be complete and Centova Cast will immediately start using your new (Existing) license key.

Hope that's of some help. Great to see the licence servers back up (and Steve back) lets hope we never ever have days like this again as it made us all so helpless to our own customers!
Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:18:46 am by Mark Carney