Possible to convert account from shoutcast v1 to icecast or shoutcast v2

Read 7955 times
I'm just wondered if its possible to take an existing centova v3.01 account and convert/edit it to use a different server software type (example I have a shoutcast 1.98 account and want to change to shoutcast v2.0).

The centova 3.0 server has shoutcast 1.98, v2.0 and icecast and sc_transv2.0 and ices setup on it.

Is there a simple way, maybe I've just missed something somwhere?

Just want to avoid having to make a new account and setup new playlists etc.
i try to convert from shoutcast 1.xx to shoucast 2, i cant.
Hello, it is possible to do so, follow the steps below:
Access the Database Utility.
Go to the ACCOUNT table, and change the account to the new desired server (Shoutcast, Shoutcast2), remember the "ID" number of that account.
Then go to the table and find the ACCOUNT_AAPS accountid, according to the ID of the previous table (ACCOUNT), and change AAPTYPE to the new desired source.
It is important to have a sample account already created, so you can copy the data from "raw configuration" for pre account setup to be changed.
It's important to note, however, that following the instructions provided by Reinaldo will leave you with an account with many settings reset to random defaults, with all mount points and their configurations removed, with inconsistent/broken DJ configurations, and with various other problems.

That's precisely the reason this feature doesn't currently exist in Centova Cast.  If you don't mind reconfiguring the whole account and possibly dealing with some glitchiness, Reinaldo's approach will indeed work as a bruteforce solution.  But to do a "clean" conversion from one server/source type to another (which we would need to do if we wanted to support this as a feature), we would have to painstakingly map each and every configuration file setting from each server/source type to every other possible server/source type, as well as assigning suitable defaults for features which have no equivalents in some servers/sources.  And that only becomes more difficult as we begin to support additional server/source types with more diverse configurations, which we are working on.
Excuse me, I forgot to mention about the failures that can occur in this process.
Also important to check which should make a change in the "port" to a new, where you can keep the change 5 "ports" free thereafter.
It's important to note, however, that following the instructions provided by Reinaldo will leave you with an account with many settings reset to random defaults, with all mount points and their configurations removed, with inconsistent/broken DJ configurations, and with various other problems.

That's precisely the reason this feature doesn't currently exist in Centova Cast.  If you don't mind reconfiguring the whole account and possibly dealing with some glitchiness, Reinaldo's approach will indeed work as a bruteforce solution.  But to do a "clean" conversion from one server/source type to another (which we would need to do if we wanted to support this as a feature), we would have to painstakingly map each and every configuration file setting from each server/source type to every other possible server/source type, as well as assigning suitable defaults for features which have no equivalents in some servers/sources.  And that only becomes more difficult as we begin to support additional server/source types with more diverse configurations, which we are working on.

Any chance of being able to import/export playlists only then? I don't mind recreating account settings but playlists would be a nightmare, literally years of work have gone into setting mine up with thousands of tracks...