maximum size of backup file?

Read 9435 times
Hi,

Is there a maximum file size for the fallback backup file?  I seem to be able to upload a 3MB mp3 file (single song), but I can't upload 30MB or 50MB files.  Is there a file size limit, and if so, what is it?

Thanks!
Hi, thanks very much.  Is the php.ini file modification something I can do in the Centova control panel?  Or is that something I'd need my streaming host to modify?
Gotcha.  Thanks very much!
From my experience, ShoutCast does not play nice with CentovaCast and  a "backup file" or a "greeting file". I finally had to stop using both of them...just sayin'.. 8)
Thank you for all replies,
Skipper
SHOUTcast's backup (as well as intro) file support has never been that good - since it's just basically dumping the file into the stream without ensuring it's valid for the bitrate or stripping tags off, etc etc. at some point the DNAS will be improved to better handle such things.

but (and this is important), those files were never intended to work as stream replacements and should be small, doing 30Mb files is excessive and due to a lot of players not correctly coping with how they are inserted will cause more annoyance to the user and will just waste their time and your bandwidth assuming the backup file is able to be correctly played.

-daz