cPanel DNSOnly and Centova Cast

Read 5638 times
im wondering if i can take advantage of the other free ip address of my centos 6.3 server with centova to put cPanel DNSOnly on it too.

has anyone do It? what are the issues that might happen?
cPanel DNSOnly it says that it need a clean server but i think that will not affect the centova cast installation on a server cause DNSOnly it is supposed to be a light dns implementation.

or if i need to install cPanel DNSOnly first, then what will need to modify/set to prepare it to install cc?
i installed cPanel DNSOnly lastnight on my testing vps with centova and untill now nothing bad happen, but this is just a testing vps...

anyone else is wanting to contribute or know the results of testing this?

i also filled a ticket lastnight to get a official centova point of view but im still waiting for an answer. ill share the tips i get from them in here if someone is interested.
here is what steve answer on the support ticket:

"Typically it shouldn't matter if you have any third-party control panels installed on the same server as Centova Cast; as long as they don't disrupt your web server configuration after you install Centova Cast, it should be fine.

I can't give you a guarantee as I've never heard of "cPanel DNSOnly" but a large percentage of our customers use Centova Cast on CPanel servers (and other web hosting control panels) with no problems.

Regards,

Steve Blinch, Lead Developer
Centova Technologies Inc.
sblinch@centova.com
www.centova.com"

and i sayd:
i installed it (cPanel DNSOnly http://cpanel.net/cpanel-whm/the-cpanel-service-distribution/dns-only/) lastnight on top of the CC installation and untill now all seem to be fine but i can assure it. perhaps you might want to take a look, so we can clarify it on centova forum that it is ok to use it together?

i mean it is cool to have a dedicated dns for better infrastructure but even better if we can put it on a unused ip of our streaming servers and take better advantage of our resources.

take a look and try as much u want for some hours. this is just a testing environment so its ok if u broke something :)

this is not just important to a single person, so i thought maybe even steve will have interest on know about it, so i provide my full testing vps info

and steve finally sayd:
"Sorry, there's not really much I can do -- Centova Cast is a huge application and the only way to know if there are any problems would be to test Centova Cast's features one by one, which would take hours.

And even if something is broken, it's not something we'd support anyway - any damage done to Centova Cast after it's installed are obviously outside of Centova Cast's control. If you were to install Centova Cast *after* your other control panel you'd have a better idea of whether any problems are caused by incompatibilities vs. damage done during the installation of your other panel, but as-is there really isn't much we can learn from your installation.

Regards,

Steve Blinch, Lead Developer
Centova Technologies Inc.
sblinch@centova.com
www.centova.com"

:(
i was hopping that they had a way to test core files or see if there is incompatibility between cc and some other software.